Please read the following agreement. By continuing to use this site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below.
By accessing any page or file served by this web site, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use:
Concerning gatewestcoin.com Computer Systems
You have entered a Gatewest Coin & Stamp Ltd. (herein known as Gatewest) website, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Modification, use, or access to this website or any information stored on this website without authorization may result in criminal prosecution and penalties. Gatewest may monitor and audit the usage of this website, and use of this website constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.
A. NOTICE OF DISCLAIMERS.
1. The information, opinions, data, and statements contained within this website are not necessarily those of The Royal Canadian Mint, or any other endorsing agent, and should not be interpreted, acted on or represented as such. Reference herein to any person, organization, or any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Gatewest, the Royal Canadian Mint, any of their employees, contractors, or any other endorsing agent. Gatewest does not express any opinion on the value or soundness as an investment of any coin, paper money, medal product, or any article we sell or promote.
2. Disclaimer of Warranty. Some of the software we use or develop for this website may be designated as alpha, beta, development, pre-release, untested, or not fully tested versions of commercial software, or designed in-house. Such software may contain errors that could cause failures or loss of data, and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of this website is at your sole risk. This website is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and Gatewest and Gatewest's licensor(s) (for the purposes of this agreement, Gatewest and Gatewest's licensor(s) shall be collectively referred to as "Gatewest") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GATEWEST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE USED TO OPERATE THIS WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, GATEWEST DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY GATEWEST OR A GATEWEST AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE, THE SOFTWARE USED TO OPERATE THIS WEBSITE, OR THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT GATEWEST OR A GATEWEST AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF LOSS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE TERMS OF THIS DISCLAIMER DO NOT AFFECT OR PREJUDICE THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER ACQUIRING GATEWEST PRODUCTS OTHERWISE THAN IN THE COURSE OF A BUSINESS, NEITHER DO THEY LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY GATEWEST'S NEGLIGENCE.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
1. This website contains content which is covered by copyright assigned to and owned by Gatewest or licensed to Gatewest and owned by third parties. Gatewest also owns the copyright in the arrangement, selection and coordination of this website's content. Additionally, this website contains trademarks, individuals' names and likenesses, and other intellectual property owned by Gatewest or owned by third parties and licensed to Gatewest. You should not assume anything in this website is in the public domain.
2. Proprietary software. Except as permitted by applicable law and this agreement, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, distribute, create derivative works from our software or this website, or re-transmit any content or software from our website over a network.
ii. USING THIS WEBSITE.
1. Acceptable use. You may view, download, and print order material on this website for non-commercial personal use only. Otherwise, without the express prior written permission of Gatewest and any other rights owner, you may not publicly display, perform, transmit, list, modify, reproduce, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, make derivative works from, upload or otherwise use any of this website's content or the selection, arrangement or coordination of its content. If you receive such permission you may not delete or change the existing copyright and/or trademark notices.
2. Commercial use. You may not use this website for trading, sales or commercial purposes other than for making purchases from Gatewest, and you agree not to post or use any information from this website for any advertising or solicitation for products or services without the express prior written permission of Gatewest.
3. Limitation of liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL GATEWEST BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING TORT, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Gatewest's total liability to you for all damages exceed $50.00 Canadian.
4. Controlling Law and Severability. If there is a local subsidiary of Gatewest in the country in which you are accessing this website, then the local law in which the subsidiary sits shall govern this agreement. Otherwise, this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Manitoba. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
5. Jurisdiction. Any action relating to this Agreement must first be brought in the Province of Manitoba and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
1. Site Monitoring. For site security purposes and to ensure that this website remains available to all users, the computer systems which run this website employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, download or change information, or otherwise cause damage. These are retained and may contain individually identifiable information when such is provided. Unauthorized attempts to upload or download information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under law.
2. Server Statistics. The computer systems which run this website also use network management software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for site management. Note that this is a standard feature of all Web servers, and is not specific to this website alone. These statistics are retained but do not contain individually identifiable information. They allow us to determine what information is of most and least interest to our audience, what browsers to design for, the effectiveness of website structure, and the volume of traffic coming to this website.
3. Your information. We use the information that we get from your visit to this website for internal tracking purposes, to make this website as useful and interesting to you as we can, and to respond to your requests for information or other services. Except as specifically noted here or elsewhere within this website, we do not use your personal information for any other purpose, we never sell it to or share it with any third party unless providing such information is in connection with a product or service purchase from Gatewest, or unless required to by Law. Please note that whenever you submit any information to Gatewest or this website in connection with any service provided in connection with Gatewest or this website, you consent to Gatewest's processing this information in Canada as necessary to provide the services in which you are participating. All Gatewest employees and processors who have access to personal data and are associated with the processing of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. You may choose to receive promotional or marketing information from Gatewest or its centres by selecting the appropriate option at the point where our website collects personal data. If you do not wish to continue receiving promotional or marketing information, please visit the appropriate section of our website to unsubscribe.
ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGES, FORMS, AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS.
When ordering from Gatewest or this website, you must supply a valid e-mail address and contact information. Gatewest monitors all purchases, and thus the e-mail addresses and contact information you supply as well. E-mail and information from forms and purchases are stored, but except as required by applicable Federal law, without your permission Gatewest will not sell your personal contact information or use it to contact you for purposes of solicitation, advertising, or sales, unless such contact is required to complete a transaction with you.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is sent to your browser - along with a Web page - when you access a Web site. Your browser will only return this cookie information to the domain where the cookie originated (in this case, gatewestcoin.com). No other site can request it. When you return to this site, perhaps at a later date, the identifying cookie is sent back to the Web server, along with your new request. For the security of our customers, and our systems, our site employs "SERVER-SIDE-COOKIES" which means the cookie is kept on our server, and not on your computer.
SECURITY AND ENCRYPTION.
This website is hosted on-site at our offices in Winnipeg, using the Apache webservice on Linux-based machines. All transactions are encrypted using industry-standard 2048-bit encryption with certificates purchased from RapidSSL. All customer data containing anything other than the contact information (name, address, etc) is stored on a secured server on our local-area network behind a firewall. Credit card information is kept only on machines inside our local-area network behind a firewall as well, and is therefore unavailable to anyone outside of our firewall. When browsing this website, you may notice that a message pops up saying that the page you are viewing contains both secure and non-secure items. Rest assured that your information is still be encrypted, and it still is secure. The only information which is not encrypted or secured are pictures and graphics stored on the page you are viewing. This is to speed the loading and processing of the page you are viewing.
You may terminate your agreement with us by:
1. Deleting ALL files located within your personal computer hard drive with relation to our website, and;
2. Cease and desist from viewing our website, and;
3. Destroy all printed matter in relation to our website, and;
4. If you have a user account on our server, notify us in writing that you wish to have your account deleted, and acknowledge the acceptance of this termination clause and all items contained within it.
E. INFANCY. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement. If you are not of legal age, you attest that you have obtained parental consent and your parent/guardian has completely agreed to this agreement.
F. FULL AGREEMENT.
This is the complete and full agreement. This agreement may be modified, or amended from time to time, and a revisal date will appear at the bottom of this agreement to assure you that nothing has changed since the last revisal date. This agreement will remain in force until terminated by article "D" above.
Revised: January 28 , 2014